I believe that what God has brought you through has shaped you, but it does not define you. Each day is a fresh start and new opportunity to seek the praiseworthy. At Paradise Praises, my goal is to inspire you to live exceptionally and praise intentionally regardless of your present circumstance. Won’t you join me as we journey this life of intentional praise together?
I'm Katie Hornor and I am a gluten-free eating, essential-oil using, homeschooling mom of 5 wonderful, crazy kids.
Realizing that mommy sets the tone for praise or for poverty in my home has made a huge difference in how I face each day. When I am filled with praise and actively seeking the praiseworthy things, the whole atmosphere of our home changes for the better.
Sometimes it's hard to have a heart of praise when we struggle under the mess that life throws at us, and quite often, given our circumstances, no one would blame us for complaining…
At Paradise Praises I write to inspire you to be the exception and to cultivate a heart of praise through those difficult circumstances & situations…. I share from my heart what God has taught me through my own messy life experiences and through His faithful Word.
As a friend and subscriber of Paradise Praises, you can expect to receive a note a each week encouraging you to choose praise on purpose and sharing with you a resource that I feel is praiseworthy and would be a great tool for or you and your family.
I am so glad that you have stopped by! If you are looking for encouragement to live an exceptional life and to intentionally sing the Lord's praises you are in the right place! Join our subscriber community here: If you are on Facebook, join us in our facebook community. There's plenty of encouraging words to go around, and we'd love to have you join us!
More About Me:
I imagine myself to be the proud owner of a pet elephant who paints, and a librarian of a ginormous library (see the ones that inspire me here!). But in real life, I am daughter by adoption to the King of Heaven and the best friend, traveling and learning companion, and lover to my missionary husband, Tap (or “Hero”), since 2003. I am also mother, cook, story teller, housecleaner, nurse, cuddler and teacher to five wonderful children whom we call Butterfly, Flower, Sir, Taz, & Sunshine. Read what I love about each of them here.
On the business end, I am an author, coach and a bilingual speaker with a passion for encouraging people in their God-given roles, and for promoting entrepreneurship and the Christian homeschool movement in the Spanish speaking world. These businesses allow us to fulfill God's call of raising our children overseas as an expat family, doing mission work, and home educating from a little town by the sea in tropical Mexico.
- For Your Success Podcast: Who is Katie Hornor?
- Mike Kim's Brand You Podcast #131: Keys to Blogging Successfully with Katie Hornor
- Liz on Biz Podcast: Make Money with Your Blog with Expert Katie Hornor
- Digital Nomad Mastery Podcast: On Expat Life and Multiple Income Streams with Ricky Shetty (video)
- Couple Money Podcast: How to Simplify, Start a Business, and Live Abroad with Katie Hornor
- Personal Profitability Podcast: How I Run My Business From Mexico
- The Robert Plank Show: How to Turn Your Hobby Into a Business (podcast)
- The Balancing Act Podcast: A Homeschool Mom Turns Hobbies into Income Streams
- The Money Making Blog Summit 2017
- Clothed in Scarlet Podcast: WAHM Success Story: An Interview with Katie Hornor
- 3 Blogger Monetization Lessons from Facebook’s Branded Content Policy Update – ProBlogger
- WAHS Expert Tips: How to Stay Motivated On Your Work-At-Home Journey – Work at Home Success
- 5 Tips for Cross Promotion with Other Businesses – Dream Fearlessly
- Why I work with a Virtual Assistant (6 Biz Owners Share) – Horkey Handbook
- Email Marketing Best Practices: 30 Tips from the Pros – Fit Small Business
- 11 Ways to Build Your Brand Online – CIO.com
- Facebook Branded Content Policy Change and What it Means for Bloggers – The Huffington Post
Our homeschool style is about as eclectic as our schedule and we'd prefer to do math while climbing local Mayan ruins or to find our science lesson in a cenote. Books are key, but education is a way of life. Still want to know more? Here are a few of the other things I love:
- palm trees
- my Grandma
- children’s picture books
- all kinds of silly holidays
- discipling others
- dark chocolate
- making lists (here's one of my favorites)
- reading books to my kids
- the color purple
- the smell of old books (and new books)
- the mayan hammock in my living room
- home education
- the light in their eyes when they “get” a concept
- biographies (see a list of my favorites here)
- crafting (painting, jewelry, sewing, whatever!)
- speaking to groups
- and, oh yes, all kinds of books!
Enter your email below to get my exclusive Praiseworthy Newsletter and encouragement by email.