A Tribute to Mom
A tribute to Mom: my mother taught me to paint: watercolor, acrylic, puffy t-shirt paint and beautiful oil on canvas. As I child I was awed by her masterpieces, and she was never bothered by my messes or imitations.
She taught me how to make paper come to life in cards, crafts, scrapbook pages, and stamped art. Beauty was found in everything (And don’t forget the confetti!)
My mother works magic with wire and stone. Her magic is handcrafted, wire wrapped, one of a kind, wearable, jewelry art. I aspire to her level of mastery, and she applauds my attempts at greatness.
My mother’s love for beauty and the act of creating it is a treasure that has filled my life with much joy, (much confetti) and many wonderful memories.
My mother often traveled to distant lands and ancient times from the comfort of her own room.
She took us on many daring adventures to the library story time circle, and on wondrous excursions to the children’s corner where time stood still as we wandered the world from the safety of colorful vinyl bean bag chairs.
She read books, she borrowed books, she loaned books, she gifted books, she encouraged us to explore the world through books. Reading was never homework, or schoolwork, it was an adventure!
I have caught the “fever” from my mother’s love of literature, and have yet to recover. I fear I may never return from the happy lands and far away places to which she first introduced me.
Without you Mom, my world would have been small, colorless, and boring. Thank you for giving me wings and a paint brush. I love you! Happy Mother’s Day!
Tribute to Mother Linky Party Guidelines:
- Post topics can include anything that would be a tribute to mom, or that would encourage or honor a mother, yours or another's. Especially ways she has impacted your life for good, but please refrain from including giveaways, sales, or linky party posts.
- Link as many posts as you like that are tributes to mothers. It doesn't have to be from this month. Remember, link to a SPECIFIC post, not your whole blog.
- Add a party button or text back link to your post.
- Visit at least two other links and share some encouragement.
- Although not mandatory, I’d love it if you’d follow me on social media! I always enjoy making new friends!