It will soon be the rainy season here in southern Mexico. That means rain, every day, and lots of it. Here are a few of the rainy day activities for kids that we do and recommend to help kids (and parents) keep from going crazy indoors on a wet day. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. To read my full disclosure click here.
- Play Uno
- Play Pictionary
- Play Hide and Seek
- Play Dress Up
- Reenact a story (or a movie or cartoon)
- Have a picnic UNDER the dining room table
- Make cookies
- Do a craft (like this ribbon barrette)
- Read books (click here for a list of some of our favorites)
- Listen to an adventure drama (Patch the Pirate, or Your Story Hour)
- Record your own story hour or radio show
- Make sock puppets
- Build towers and castles and forts with Jenga
- Use sheets and blankets to build a tent
- Play Legos
- Make your own Lego film like Shatterpoint Entertainment did!
- Finger Paint
- Have a family talent show
- Make Play Dough
- Blow bubbles
- Paint with bubbles
- Paint with condensed milk
- Make paper flowers
- Make a Cheerio bird feeder
- Make dragonfly snacks
- Prepare and dress up for a fancy candlelight dinner
- Play in the rain
- Clean the baseboards (Don't laugh! Do it together. If it involves a small bucket of soapy water and a rag, your toddlers will love this!)
- Play with polymer beads
- Do a rainy day nature study
Do you have other rainy day activities for kids that your family enjoys? We're always looking for new ideas to shake things up a bit. Please leave us your suggestions in the comments.