The ladies conference of this past weekend was an historic event, at least for our family. It began as an idea, and became a dream that God graciously turned into reality as we hosted our first ever ladies conference March 1 and 2.
“Dream big, but be realistic.” was the advice of a new friend of mine. And that we did. When the final count was in close to 50% of the churches we had invited were represented in the crowd.
Those who signed up early wowed the late committers with their special gift bags and fancier name tags. The event hall was decked out in orange and butterflies.
There was plenty of good food and coffee, wonderful prizes, and who can resist the offer of a few hours of quiet fellowship with other ladies while beautiful music plays in the background (instead of excited children's voices).
The 6 conference sessions were based on Mark 12:29-31:
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
It was my privilege to walk them through the answers to such questions as: Who is God? Why is it important that I know him? Why do I need to know him? How do I get to know him? How do I become a woman for God? How do I love him with all my heart? with all my soul? with all my mind? with all my strength?
Based on the attendees own words, we thank the Lord for the success of this event. Our greatest desire was the the women be edified and that His name be glorified! Here are some of the comments the ladies left us:
- “This conference reaffirmed my faith in God.”
- “Once more God has shown me that he loves me.”
- “I learned that God is in even the smallest details of my life.”
- “This conference helped me, as a woman, to know what God expects of me.”
- “I came feeling sad and down, and this conference gave me encouragement and strength.”
- “This conference was a blessing because it made me really analyze God's love for me as his adopted child.”
- “I was blessed in that God has shown me how to know him and love him.”
- “What a great blessing that God gave you the vision to share this teaching with us, and that you obeyed and made possible this conference.”
- “We need more of this kind of conference in our city. It was a great blessing and joy to attend.”
We want to extend a special thank you to the following people/organizations who sponsored this event. Your involvement made a difference! The QBQ Guy, WYAM Publishers, Educando en el Hogar, Lemonhass.com.
If you or your church or organization would like to be a sponsor for the 2014 conference, please, let us know.
Grateful for God's prayer answering goodness,