If there was only one thing you could do per year to improve your homeschool experience overall, what would it be? My answer: The number one thing is prayer, of course, but after that it would be to attend a homeschool conference or convention.
Homeschool conventions are a smorgasbord of encouragement, ideas, and resources that can re-direct your homeschool goals (if they are off track), re-charge your homeschool batteries (if they are low), re-focus your homeschool efforts (if you find yourself drifting), and reward your diligence in choosing and shopping for curriculums. Many of the vendors offer conference only specials, like this one:
We are heading off to take our Lemonhass Spanish curriculum to the Teach Them Diligently homeschool Convention in Spartanburg this weekend, and based on the reports from the Nashville convention, there is much to look forward to!
If you've never been to a homeschool convention, here is a list of some of them happening this year. I believe they are the best thing you can do for your homeschool, but you don't have to take my word for it. Here are several posts from other homeschool parents on planning for and enjoying homeschool conventions:
- How to know if you should attend a homeschool convention
- 6 Reasons to attend a homeschool convention
- 5 Steps to selecting a homeschool convention
- How to plan for homeschool conventions
- Preparing for a homeschool convention
- 4 Tips for homeschool convention success
- What to bring to a homeschool convention
- How to attend a homeschool conference with kids
- Child safety at homeschool conventions
- Coming to a convention near you
- A Great Homeschool Convention Recap
- Homeschool Convention Fun
- On Homeschool Conventions in Canada
If you know any Spanish speakers interested in homeschooling, please encourage them to attend Teach Them Diligently in Spartanburg or Dallas or the Florida Parent Educator's Association Convention this year. We (www.Lemonhass.com) will be offering sessions in Spanish and have our homeschool curriculum for Spanish speakers at each of these events.