There is nothing so memorable as a family game night and in some families it is a beloved tradition! Some of my favorite memories are times spent with siblings, cousins and extended family members around the game table during the holidays or in the summers. The relationships formed and the memories made through playing games together will last a lifetime!
Unfortunately in an increasingly digital age, playing games together is one delight that is often overlooked, left out or simply denied. Why not decide to include one game as a gift for your family this Christmas? Or get a game for a family on your list? Here is our best list of family games to choose from, all recommended by our family and/or family friends.
- Uno Card Game
- UNO Attack! – speeds things up with a motorized card dealer dealing random amounts of cards!
- Dutch Blitz – a personal family favorite
- Old Maid Playing Cards
- Go Fish!
- Phase 10 Card Game – keep it interesting with a new objective for each phase of the game.
- SKIP BO Card Game – the ultimate number sequencing game
- Spoons Card Game
- Monopoly Deal Card Game – like Monopoly, but with cards and faster!
- Name That Category!
- Chutes and Ladders
- Where in The World USA Board Game
- Sequence for Kids
- Cranium Cadoo for Kids Board Game
- Cranium Game
- Candy Land – The Kingdom of Sweets Board Game – perfect for preschoolers learning colors and numbers, plus it's super cute! One of the first games of my childhood!
- Chinese Checkers
- Checkers – I love this one on a big rug!
- Sorry!My sister ALWAYS beat me at this one!
- Monopoly – There are SO many versions of this now! You can even get it in Despicable Me, Marvel Comics and Lord of The Rings!
- Game of Life
- Ticket to Ride – a cross country train adventure game, great for geography skills building!
- Treasure hunts (so much fun to make up)
- Jump Rope – who knew there are so many kinds!
- Minute to win it games (find online)
- Scattergories Categories
- Connect 4 Game
- Pentago Classic Wood Game
- Hungry Hungry Hippos
- Color Dot Dominoes
- Rummikub– another family favorite from childhood
- Big Boggle
- Spot It
- Yahtzee – also available in various collectors editions
- Picture Word Bingo – can also find free printable bingo cards online or personalize your family's version!
- Jungle Speed – a think fast game
- Jenga – also serve as great wooden building blocks!
Does your family have a favorite game that I didn't include? Please list it in the comments!
This post is part of the 20 Days of Ultimate Christmas Lists Series on Paradise Praises. Subscribe in the box below to be sure you don't miss a single post! And don't forget to follow my Christmas boards on Pinterest too!