Grandparents Day 2016 will be Sunday, September 11!
Grandparents are one of those things that everyone has. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here. I don't know about you, but my grandparents and pseudo or adoptive grandparents have all made a tremendous impact on my life. Today I'll be sharing some grandparents day gift ideas, and throughout the week, I'll have more grandparent related encouragement to share but first
If you are a Grandparent or older adult: Would you commit to do something grand with the younger folks in your life for the coming year? Will you share your wisdom, perspectives and experiences with younger people and become an advocate for the children? Will you commit to praying for them and ask God to give you burden for the youth of today?
If you are a younger adult: Would you commit to doing something grand and connect with and serve with your grandparents or other older adults that you know? Grandparents, for the most part, love company and have lots of stories to share and wisdom to impart. Will you take the time to listen and make them feel special?
If you are part of a grand-family: I honor you for choosing to provide a safe and loving home to your grandchildren or other relatives in your care. You are doing something grand for those children/young people every day of the year. You may never know in this life, the impact you have had/will have, but it is grand. May the Lord bless and guide you and give you an overabundance of patience, wisdom and love.
10 Great Gifts for Grandparents:
- Does Grandma love bags? Vera Bradley is having a 20% off sale September 2-3 as well as free shipping on $50 or more.
- Create a custom Grandparent's Day Card with TinyPrints.
- Make a photo memory book, calendar, mug, throw blanket or other personalized gift at Shutterfly.
- Get them a devotional like Streams in the Desert (for her) or Jesus Calling (for Him).
- Make a gift like framed art made by you (or your kids). See our other home-made and kid-made gift ideas on Pinterest.
- Make a cake or cookies (this one always wins with Grandpa).
- Do they like to read? Get them a Kindle or an iPad, or buy them a subscription to Audible (for audio books).
- Buy a meaningful book and write a special not inside telling them how much they mean to you.Grandpa Green is one of our newest favorites.
- Make them a short movie, recording yourself, your kids, other grandkids expressing your love and thanks.
- Give them a phone call, or a visit. Time is often the best present.
Your Grandparents have given you much more than you may now (or ever) realize. Don't wait to put flowers on their grave to tell them how much they mean. Reward them now for their sacrifices. Hug them, gift them, take them to dinner, listen to them, sit with them and hold their hand, sing with them, whatever you can do to show your appreciation for all they have invested.
What will you do this Grandparents Day to make your Grandparent(s) feel special?