Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh…
Weather those words conjure up visions of middle eastern men in turbans riding camels or the song crooned by Burl Ives, it's probably safe to say that receiving any one of these three things would thrill us, even if it wasn't the most wonderful time of the year!
Today's post is about creating DIY essential oils gifts that some might argue rival those of the original wisemen.
1. DIY Frankincense Body Scrub
- 1/4 Granulated White Sugar
- 3/4 cup Raw Sugar (This one is similar to the kind we have here in Mexico)
- up to 1/4 Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 5 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil
- *optional—2 drops of a citrus Essential Oil
Notes about the oils:
- I personally think Olive Oil is cool to use because it is more authentic to the Christmas Story. Olives and Frankincense are native to Israel and the surrounding areas.
- If you like the scrub to be less oily, used about ⅛ cup of olive or coconut oil instead of ¼.
- I get my essential oils here.
- Mix the sugars together in a bowl.
- Mix the Olive Oil and essential oil(s) together in a cup.
- Slowly add oil mixture to the sugar as you mix. Add enough oil to get a good consistency…but not too oily. Scrub will last up to 3 months in an air tight container. Makes about 1 cup.
- These are adorable for packaging scrubs in!
Use the scrub on skin as to exfoliate for smooth, soft skin. Rinse off with water.
2. DIY Myrrh Bath Salts
- 1/2 cup Rock Salt or Epsom Salts (or a mixture of both)
- 1/2 cup of Sea Salt
- drizzle of Olive Oil (great for the skin!)
- 5 drops of Myrrh Essential Oil
- *optional—3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (enhances the smell)
- Mix the salts together in a bowl and then slowly add a very small amount of Olive Oil to the salt.
- Drop in your essential oils drops and mix again. Bath salts will last up to 3 months in an air tight container. Makes about 1 cup.
- I love these 8 oz. containers with a spoon. And you can decorate them with ribbons, washi tape or labels for any occasion!
Add 1/8 to ¼ cup of bath salts to a warm water bath to detoxify, relax and sooth.
And the Gold?
You know those fabulous little gold foil covered chocolate coins you used to love as a kid? They're still good! And they are the perfect compliment to this DIY gift set.
So package up your pretty gold, Frankincense and Myrrh, add a Christmas card and include the instructions, and you have a very classy and unique gift for a friend, family member or hostess.
Want to know more about essential oils?
- Come to our DIY Essential Oils Facebook Party, November 12 at 9PM eastern! It's free and there will be prizes!
- Sign up for our Natural Health Newsletter here.
- Get started using essential oils for yourself and your family this month with our November Special (see it here).
Or visit any of the posts below for more information. We have never regretted our decision to create a healthier lifestyle with essential oils!