Some have expressed surprise to hear that we use essential oils in water and other beverages we drink.
I admit that it is a valid question as even products that are safe to ingest can be extremely powerful. You should consult a doctor prior to ingesting these or any other strong substances if you have any sort of medical condition.
Young Living oils are of the highest therapeutic grade. In general, higher grade oils that can safely be used for cooking and ingesting will be labeled 100% pure and should indicate that they are Food Grade. Young Living oils that are designated for primarily dietary usage (i.e. “food grade”) will say “supplement” on the label. Young Living’s products, when used in proper amounts, can be not only safe but also beneficial to the body’s health and wellness.
We often start our morning with a glass of water with grapefruit, lemon or other citrus oil added, and also enjoy ice water or warm water “teas” using different supplement oils as well. This list combines the 10 best drink recipes we've found that use essential oils as ingredients. Enjoy!
Essential Oil Beverage Recipes
- Apple Cider – 1 cup heated apple juice plus 1 drop Thieves Essential Oil
- Citrus Ginger Splash
- Grapefruit Twist & Strawberry Limeade
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Lemon Limeade
- Healthy Orange Julius
- Peppermint Tea – 1 cup heated water, 1 drop Peppermint Essential Oil plus honey to taste
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Wassail (Christmas Punch)
- Horchata! – and be sure to read the comments on this one too for a few more ideas!
Frozen Mint Mocha (Frappuccino Knock Off)
Instructions: Mix the following in a blender and enjoy:
- 3 cups coffee (or a dopio espresso)
- 1 cup milk (2.5 cups milk if using espresso)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 frozen bananas sliced
- 3 dozen ice cubes
For information on how to get started and experience the benefits of essential oils for yourself, CLICK HERE.