Branching out is good. Getting out of your comfort zone is good. Being convicted of things you're doing wrong is good. Being challenged to new heights is good. Broadening your realm of acquaintances and making new friends is good.
For today's Share Your Heart Tuesday, I'd like to share with you some of my favorite places on the Web, places where I have done all of the things I just mentioned. Where my heart has been regularly challenged and encouraged.
If you are not familiar with them, I'd encourage you to visit, and/or subscribe to them. I know they will be some of the best places to find encouragement in home, homeschool, marriage, business, and finance this year, because they were last year.
I've also included a bonus Spanish recommendation for each category, in case you are bilingual or know someone who speaks Spanish, you will know what to recommend to them!
Encouragement at Home
- Money Saving Mom – Crystal is another young mom who is making a living online while still remaining transparent and real about life and learning from our Savior through it all. I always find encouragement in her posts.
- The Busy Mom – Heidi is a large family mom with children ranging in ages from kindergarten to married with children. She is one of my heroes and her whit and perspective never fail to cheer me up. She also wrote the foreword in my book Putting On the Spirit: Ten-Minute Devotions for Busy Moms.
- Bonus Spanish option: Estilo Familiar – At “Family Style” Mayra writes to encourage the strength of your family as a unique unit. I enjoy reading her posts on family, homeschooling and cooking, and often share them with our spanish audience.
- Not Consumed – Kim has an amazing ministry to single homeschool moms, and has produced some great resources as well.
- Real Refreshment – Produced by Apologia, this blog is full of heart and soul encouragement for the mom who needs to be refreshed in spirit.
- Intoxicated on Life – I love Luke & Trisha's down to earth approach to home, homeschooling and healthy living. They have some pretty incredible resources too, like The Talk, and their Write Through the Bible handwriting series.
- Bonus Spanish Option: Educando en el Hogar – “Home Educating” is our Spanish education blog hosted by Lemonhass.com where we write to inform and encourage spanish speaking homeschool families.
Encouragement for your Marriage
- Fulfilling Your Vows – As a former contributor to this site, I have only admiration for Michael and Carlie and the encouragement and advice for married couple that they share.
- Time Warp Wife – Darlene produces some of the most beautiful marriage printables I have found online and speaking as one who has had her marriage restored, she is always right on target with her Scriptural advice for improving your relationship with your husband.
- Bonus Spanish Option: Mujer Sabia – “Wise Woman” is a fairly new blog, but offers the same kinds of encouragement for home and family that you would expect to find on Paradise Praises.
- Michael Hyatt – I have been following Michael Hyatt for a couple of years now and am always encouraged by his courage, integrity and business sense.
- Smart Passive Income – Pat is a contemporary of mine, but a great example of someone who has worked hard and is a responsible business person. The best part is, he continues to teach others how to do the same. His Smart Passive Income Podcasts is one of the best there is!
- Solo Smarts – Kelly is a gold mine of resources for the small entrepreneur. If you don't know how to do something, she probably has an eBook or short report somewhere with just the info you seek. A great example of a newsletter as well.
- Bonus Spanish Option: Cómo Blog – “How to Blog” (this site has a Spanish and an English blog!) – There are not that many resources out there to teach Spanish speakers about blogging and online business. Cómo Blog is a great place to learn and be inspired.
- Mark and Lauren G. – Another couple, not much older than myself, talking about life and money and getting and staying out of debt. One of the things they're famous for is their monthly budget night.
- Dave Ramsey – This man influenced us early on in our marriage and is part of the reason we have been living debt free for the past 10 years. His money advice and business integrity are the reasons he has one of the large for-profit ministries in the USA.