I am sitting her today enjoying the fact that I am enjoying our Christmas season. I have taken time to bake and sew. I have made memories and read stories and told stories and played games with my children. I have laughed and shared secrets with my husband as we plot our Christmas surprises. But more than that I have had time to rejoice in my Savior's love and perfect plan. I truly hope that this Christmas you will experience these things too, for you are loved far more than you may realize, by a Savior who gave his very life for your eternal happiness.
- C – Christ, and his finished work on the cross. We celebrate our freedom and our adoption into God's family, made possible through Christ's sacrifice for us.
- H – Heralds (tellers) of the good news to people around the world. We pray for missionaries especially at Christmas.
- I – Israel, the great nation from which our Savior came. We pray for peace in Israel.
- S – Stars that show us God's eternal plan and perfect control over every detail of our lives and all of history. We stand in awe of God's greatness.
- T – The wise men and their generous gifts. We give gifts to those we love and wish to honor in remembrance of those first gifts to Christ, which God used to provide for his family and their protection.
- M – a Manger and unexpectedly humble beginnings. God is never surprised, but often full of surprises. The fact that the King of Kings was born in a stable reminds me not to judge what God can do through someone by their present circumstances.
- A – ALL, “In him we live and move and have our being.” His is our ALL. (Acts 17:28).
- S – Shepherds, who heard a message, obeyed, and then shared all they had heard and seen/experienced with others. The best thing any of us can do, at Christmas, and all year through. Hear, Obey, tell others what God has done for us.
My family and I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas!
God bless you!