Just as it is important for us to express our love for our husband with words, it is also important to show our love for our husbands by our actions, not just on Valentines Day, but regularly. Here are 11 ways to show your husband love.
That they may teach the young women … to love their husbands… Titus 2:4
- Give your husband a hug. There is really no right time for a hug, but they are always appreciated. Whether it is the first thing you do in the morning or the last thing you do before you go to sleep, your physical closeness can mean a lot to your man. And it’s also said by some experts, that everyone needs 15 hugs a day! Some really to thrive on touch.
- Kiss every day. Remember that small gestures are more important than lavish gifts. You may go out on an expensive dinner for your anniversary but then anniversaries come only once a year. Your husband deserves to have everyday to be special. A small gesture such as a kiss on the cheek can make your husband smile through out the day. For greater impact, make sure you kiss for a full 15 seconds!
On Purpose Special Actions
- Cook for your husband. I know, you do this all the time, but think about your husband's specific tastes, what he likes and dislikes, and make him a special meal. It can either be breakfast or a grand dinner. Find out his favorite meal and cook it for him. It is said that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
- Surprises. If you and your husband have scheduled a night out together, set up a surprise instead. If your husband likes a specific sports team, get tickets to a game. When that evening comes around and he asks what you would like to do, tell him you have a surprise.
- Special greetings. If your husband works late welcome him home in a special way. For example, wear his favorite dress, have dinner ready and on the table and fill the dining room with candles for some soft lighting.
- Just because. Give your husband gifts “just because” or do something nice for him “just because.”
Spend Time Together
- Take your husband to the place where you had your first date. Remembering the moment you fell in love can bring back memories and those initial feelings of falling in love.
- Take an afternoon walk or hike together. Get into the outdoors where it is peaceful and serene. A quiet walk where you can hold hands, talk, or just enjoy the silence together can boost your closeness.
- Go do something fun like ice skating or to an amusement park. It may seem like a silly thing to do, but it guarantees a lot of fun and laughs. Sometimes doing things together that children love will bring back a spark of joy into your lives that as adults we often miss.
- Play games. Sit down and have a night in and play some board games. The friendly competition will keep you both on your toes and strengthen your bond.
- Learn more about each other. No matter how long you've been married or how well you think you know each other, there may still be things you can learn. Either find a good questionnaire or create one that does not dig up the past, but focuses on discovering lesser known qualities about each other.
What kinds of things do you do to show your husband you love him? I'd love to hear your suggestions as well. Please leave us a comment or join the discussion in the Paradise Praises Facebook Group.