I Love Books!
If you know me at all, or have read my about page, you know I am a book lover. More than that – a book aficionado. I mean, fiction, non-fiction, biography, history, and especially children's picture books, I love them all! So, my 2014 list of goals would not be complete without a list of books I want to smell, caress, read, learn from and enjoy this year. And just to make it easy, I'm including my affiliate links in case there is one (or more) you think you'd also enjoy. Just click on the titles to read more about each one.
Personal Development and Enjoyment
- I, Saul by Jerry B Jenkins – historical fiction twisting the story of the ancient apostle's life and writings together with that of a modern day Bible professor. I especially enjoy historical fiction that makes the Bible come alive!
- Experiencing God Day by Day: Devotional by Henry Blackaby – My morning devotional for this year.
- The Quiet Place: Daily Devotional Readings by Nancy Leigh DeMoss – My evening devotional for this year.
- A Heart Like His by Beth Moore – Surprisingly, I haven't read anything by Beth Moore yet, so I'm looking forward to getting to know her through this book. (And it's free for Kindle for a limited time too!)
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown – This was recommended by a friend.
- What's So Amazing About Grace? by Phillip Yancey – I have heard good things about this book.
- Embracing Beauty: Practical Style for Every Shape and Season of Motherhood by Trina Holden – I am looking forward to reviewing my personal style after baby this year.
- Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist – I've heard this author has some interesting things to say about life and family fellowship around the table.
- When the Silliest Cat Was Small by Gilles Bachelet – His first picture book will ever be one of my favorites, humorously portraying my favorite animal (the elephant) in the role of the also beloved pet – the house cat. Can't wait to get this one!
- 1 Timothy – Hebrews: Journible the 17:18 Series (Journibles: the 17:18 Series) – If you are not familiar with Journibles, you NEED to check this out! This book is not to read, but to write in. Each year for the past 2 years, I have made it a goal to transcribe portions of the Scriptures. In 2012-13 it was the book of Romans and this year will be 1 Timothy – Hebrews. A habit I highly recommend!
- How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul) by Ruth Soukup – Starting off the year in a book club with this book. Hoping to learn a lot!
- The Go-Getter A Story That Tells You How to be One by Peter B. Kyne (also free for Kindle for a limited time!)
- EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenchesby Dave Ramsey – I'm a few chapters into this one and already learning SO much!
- More than Enough: The Ten Keys to Changing Your Financial Destiny by Dave Ramsey
- The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant: Principles for Successful Living by Terry Felber
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Spencer Johnson
- Rhinoceros Success : the Secret to Charging Full Speed Toward Every Opportunity by Scott Alexander
- How to Sell at Margins Higher Than Your Competitors : Winning Every Sale at Full Price, Rate, or Fee by Lawrence Steinmatz
- Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money by Rabbi Daniel Lapin
Looking for more? Here is a list of recommended books by topic.
Linking up with
Do you have a booklist you'd like to share? Feel free to link it up below: