If you’re new to Paradise Praises you won’t have noticed that I’ve been posting considerably less over the last month or so. Summer busy-ness? Well, yes. Curriculum business picking up? Thankfully, yes. But God is doing much more than that.
Ready for the Big Announcement?
Several weeks ago, we found out we are expecting baby number five! The girls of course are hoping for a girl, the boys are voting for a boy. It’s important you know, because this will break the 3-3 tie at our house. Baby names are being tossed around like beach balls in the excitement. And every morning Sir wakes up with “Mommy, is the baby bigger yet?”
The first trimester is usually draining, and this one has been no exception. Thankfully the morning sickness has been limited, and I’m only queasy in the afternoons and evenings. My energy and my ability to concentrate though, seem to be completely absorbed by Baby, who is busy doubling in size each week!
Each Monday we have been updating ourselves on Baby’s progress and finding out interesting facts like these:
- Baby’s heart started beating at just 22 days after conception! Baby was smaller than a pea at this point and I didn’t even know I was pregnant yet by then! What an awesome Creator we have!
- By week 7 Baby’s fingers and toes are distinguishable.
- By week 8 Baby moves spontaneously and can hear! Also fingerprints begin to form.
- By the end of week 9 Baby’s heart’s four chambers are all completely formed as are most of his major organs! His nervous system is growing by 2.5 million neurons per minute! Amazing!
- During week 10 Baby’s teeth and fingernails are forming, and he/she can hiccup!
As we approach the end of the first trimester, the latest (and most impressive) feat, according to my older children, is that currently Baby is as big as a cherry tomato! They look forward each week to finding out what food his/her size is being compared to!
Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3 (NIV)
We are all anticipating the added blessing of a new baby in the house, and in the car. Butterfly says “We need twins, so we can fill the last two seats in the van!” And while we’re pretty certain it is just one baby, we are looking forward to our full house (and car) being made fuller by another little personality, another life to mold, another heart to hold and train for Jesus.
Thank you for your prayers for our growing family. We appreciate it more than you know.
And hopefully, as the first trimester fog clears, I’ll be more vocal around here.
Blessings on your day!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy