Not so very long ago in a country not so very far away, there lived a young mother of small children. This young mother was particularly concerned about the naughtiness and mischief surrounding a certain holiday elf tradition and wanted for her children something more. Something that would be fun, but not naughty. Something that would teach lasting life truth and not trite holiday fables.
While passing through a store one day, she happened to spy a little monkey. Something about the look in his eyes told her he was special. She brought him home to find out more, and thus began the advent tradition of Melk, the Christmas Monkey.
He doesn't talk out loud, but his message is of eternal truths comes across loud and clear and last long after the tree and decorations are put away.
Each day of Advent, Melk would leave a written note and activity for the children to do. Each note taught them something about God, who he is, and what he does for us.
The Children Learned
- That God loved them because He IS love, not because they were “good little children.”
- They learned that the best gift of Christmas was God's Son, Jesus, who Redeems and forgives all children, adopting them and giving them a heavenly inheritance.
- They learned that God is light and wants to share the light of His truth with the whole world.
- They learned that God gives good gifts to the evil and the good, and how to love their enemies as God does.
- They learned that God is a giver, and that we receive joy when we give because we're created in His image…
And so much more! And each lesson was accompanied by a fun activity like
- making a candy can wreath
- making paper angels
- and one of our favorite: creating life size paper gingerbread men
If you were to look hard into his eyes, I think you'll find that Melk would like to come to your house this holiday season and bring these lessons to your children too, or maybe to someone else's children who are very dear to you.
Order Your Melk Gift Set
The Melk, the Christmas Monkey Book can be ordered HERE.
The Giveaway has ended. Winner: Brenda K.
What's included in the Giveaway?
- A HUGE 27 inch Melk, the Christmas Monkey
- Melk, the Christmas Monkey Book
- Snowflake Bentley Book
- Christmas Around the World Coloring Book
- Box of 96 Crayola Crayons
- Chocolate Advent Calendar
- Nativity Scene Toy Set
Total Value ($139.73)
Share your images on social media with the hashtags #Melk and #Melk16 so we can find and share your photos!