Some pursue happiness, others create it. Are you a pursuer or a creator?
21 Ways to Create Happiness
Your loved ones will remember your faithful care from day to day, but what will probably stick out more in their minds, and impact them for years to come are the fun times you have together.
A How to Create Happiness Manual
Here are 21 ways to create happiness and a brilliant video at the end. Enjoy!
- Celebrate something every day. I have a fun Every Day’s a Holiday Calendar (ebook for sale here).
- Make up your own holiday!
- Play balloon games. You would not believe the happiness on the faces of my toddlers and preschoolers when Mommy pulls out the balloons! Giggles and smiles enough to melt Antartica!
- Have a backwards day! So. Much. Fun!
- Read books together! (Find a list of our favorites here!)
- Do something for someone else. This sounds like a reverse psychology thing – maybe it is, but you (and your family) can have a blast doing and creating happiness for others. (Here are some ideas for how to do this!)
- Having a rainy day? Here are 30 activities for fun on a rainy day!
- Send a letter – a real one. How long has it been since you actually received a hand written meaningful letter in the mail? Make someone happy. Send them a letter! Are you an expat or missionary living overseas? Send one to a USA family member using SendOutCards.com.
- Surprise your husband with a special date or his favorite treat!
- Have a picnic lunch UNDER the table. Kids love this!
- Make up a silly song for each of your kids. If it’s good, (if they love it) write it down, it will be treasured forever!
- Together, dream up a new family tradition.
- Adopt a new family pet or make rock pets. (Google “How to make a rock pet” for some images of very creative rock pets!)
- Blow bubbles! Here are some recipes for making your own!
- Write and illustrate a story for someone you love. Kids can do this on their own or each family member can do a page. Want to make it last? Publish it on Shutterfly.
- Watch old family movies. Kids really find it funny to watch themselves when they were smaller. Or watch a family favorite. Here is a list of a few of our favorite movies.
- Swing & cuddle together in a hammock! Click here to find out why we love ours so much!
- Say “I Love You!”. Say it often and with meaning.
- Buy yourself and your child a new coloring book and crayons. Coloring can be so relaxing! And who can resist the magic of brand new crayons!
- Surprise a family member with breakfast in bed.
- Wake up the kids at midnight and go out for pizza (or wake them before sunup to go get doughnuts)!
A Fun Video
Roman Atwood had the right idea when he filled his house with 250,000 colored balls for the day. Watch the video. I DARE YOU not to smile!
Do you have other ideas for creating happiness? They don’t have to be as extravagant as Roman’s but we’d love to hear your ideas. Please share in the comments!
In every day, there is a way to celebrate and love. May you choose to create happiness today and every day!