Today's post is a guest post by Wendy Woerner of Southern Test Kitchen. I'm so excited to try some of the great holiday side dishes that she is recommending!
33 Favorite Holiday Side Dishes
The Christmas season is one of those times when we all enjoy partaking of the many and varied side dishes that family and friends bring to our table. Here are several different types of side dishes from which to choose and change things up this year. Perhaps you will begin a new tradition! I know I'm going to add a few new dishes to my table.
- Cranberry Apple Sweet Potato Hash
- Cranberry Stuffing Balls
- Dairy-Free Egg-Free Cornbread Dressing
- Holiday Pineapple Stuffing
- Homestyle Scalloped Potatoes
- Orzo with Mushrooms and Onions
- Overnight Refrigerator Rolls
- Potato Gratin with Rosemary Crust
- Potato Latkes
- Smashed Potato and Herb Salad
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad
- An Assortment of Roasted Vegetables
- Autumn Butternut Squash Salad
- Baked Garlic Rosemary Chicken with Sherry-Simmered Carrots
- Balsamic Kale with Cranberries
- Cauliflower Mashed ‘Potatoes'
- Corn Pudding
- French Roasted Vidalia Onions
- Green Bean Casserole
- Green Beans with Lemon-Almond Pesto
- Iron Skillet Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
- Roasted Beets with Goat Cheese and Pine Nuts
- Roasted Parsnips with Leeks and Mushrooms
- Sauteed Zucchini and Summer Squash
- Vine Ripened Tomato Stuffed with Couscous Salad
- Ambrosia with Apples
- Cranberry Marshmallow Salad
- Baked Pineapple
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates
Do you have a favorite holiday side dish? Please leave a link in the comments!
This post is part of the 20 Days of Ultimate Christmas Lists Series on Paradise Praises. Subscribe in the box below to be sure you don't miss a single post! Have you entered our Holiday Encouragement for Moms Giveaway? If you haven't already entered, you will want to do that here!
Wendy is a homeschooling mama to five who loves to encourage others along the homeschooling journey. She also considers herself a ‘foodie’ and is always ready to try a new recipe in the kitchen. You will find Wendy writing about faith, family, homeschooling, and other life events on her blog, wendywoerner.com. She has also recently begun a new venture with Southern Test Kitchen. Be sure to visit and connect with her on Facebook and Twitter, too!