The leaves are falling, the days are shortening, and you begin to smell the damp crispness of the earth after the rain… Fall is here.
It's one of my favorite times of the year, cooler, and prettier than summer, with the promise of a slower winter pace and Christmas right around the corner.
Here in Campeche, we don't get to enjoy the same Fall scents as they do in the Mountains where I grew up, but we make up for it by using our essential oil home diffuser. We've begun experimenting already to share some of our favorites with you.
Here are our 7 Favorite Essential Oil Diffuser Blends for Fall
Note: these blends use only the oils whose primary usage is designated aromatic/topical. I have tried to describe the scent the first time each oil is mentioned to give you an idea of how they smell.
- 2 drops Cedarwood – It's woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma creates a relaxing, calming, and comforting atmosphere when diffused.
- 3 drops Bergamot – Uplifting and relaxing, it is good for building confidence and enhancing your mood.
- 1 drop Cypress – Its fresh, herbaceous, slightly evergreen aroma is refreshing and restores feelings of security and stability.
- 1 drop Bergamot
- 2 drops Bergamot
- 1 drop Lavender – has a sweet, floral aroma that is soothing and refreshing.
- 3 drops Clary Sage – has a mellow, warm, herbal scent that is uplifting and relaxing, making it a perfect choice for supporting a normal, healthy attitude during PMS.
Crisp and Clear
- 1 drop Patchouli – a calming, relaxing, peaceful fragrance (also used in the DiGize blend).
- 2 drops Citrus Fresh – A refreshing blend of Orange, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Lemon, Mandarin, and Spearmint essential oils, Citrus Fresh creates a clean, fresh scent for any environment when diffused.
- 1 drop Sandalwood – has a rich, sweet, warm, and woody aroma that is sensual, uplifting, relaxing and romantic.
- 2 drops Ylang Ylang – has a calming, relaxing and soothing fragrance.
- 2 drops White Fir – has a woodsy and refreshing aroma.
- 4 drops Cypress
- 2 drops Sandalwood – has a rich, sweet, warm, and woody aroma.
- 2 drops Wintergreen – This stimulating and invigorating scent is refreshing, minty and sweet.
- 4 drops Citrus Fresh
- 1 drop Cedarwood
- 2 drops Vetiver – has an earthy and grounding aroma, and can be diffused for its calming and relaxing fragrance
- 4 drops Lavender
Why Oils Instead of Candles or Air Fresheners?
- They are safer. (I have 5 children remember… We keep matches well hidden for a very good reason).
- Oils purify the air without harmful chemicals. I don't have to worry about what we are breathing. The oils actually help to purify the air and promote wellness, whereas with candles I always wondered if the good smell was healthy.
- A larger variety. With a candle I am stuck with one scent until it's gone, several hours worth of burning it. A home diffuser is different, we can mix and match the oils to create blends such as the ones given above. Once the diffuser empties (about 2 hours) we can switch to a different scent.
- They promote healthy sleep. I have found that the few hours I sleep have become more restful when we diffuse essential oils.
Where Can I Find Essential Oils?
I recommend Young Living essential oils because of their seed to seal quality production, their dedication to research, and their high standards for their therapeutic grade essential oils. You can find more details and order information here. And if you order this month, the Premium Starter Kit (which has 11 oils plus a home diffuser) is on sale!
Want to know more? Here are some of my posts on these amazing oils!