Making Your Christmas Entrance Welcoming
Nothing beats a first impression, especially at Christmas! What better way to show your guests your unique family Christmas spirit than with a delightfully decorated entrance to your home! Just in case you’re running low on inspiration, here are more than 20 great ideas to help get the decorative juices flowing.
Most of the links are to photo examples, however a few are my affiliate links to decorating products I recommend. (See my full affiliate disclosure here.)
- Get a personalized festive door sign.
- Wrap it like a present, complete with fancy bow.
- Hang a wreath, and place decorative plants/flowers to the sides of the entrance.
- Frost the glass with Santa Snow Frost.
- Get a silly Christmas welcome Doormat.
- Light it up with Christmas lights, strands or hanging lighted shapes.
- Get a Talking Door Knocker Santa.
- Hang mistletoe.
- A simple green bough with a holiday greeting is elegant.
- Place a nutcracker on guard and decorate with giant ornaments. See example 2 here.
- Hang a Beaded Curtain in holiday colors.
- Decorate it like a snowman.
- Decorate it like an elf.
- Decorate it with a Nativity-Manger Scene.
- Decorate it like a ginger bread house.
- Make it look like the entrance to the reindeer barn.
- Outline the door with greenery and hang a wreath.
- Outline the door with a ribbon garland and adorn with a giant personalized ornament.
- Lighted garland and sidewalk trees.
- Use poinsettias everywhere!
- Use sleds, skates, or other props to make it festive.
What other ideas do you have for a festive Christmas entrance? I’d love to hear them if you’d like to leave a comment!
This post is part of the 20 Days of Ultimate Christmas Lists Series on Paradise Praises. Subscribe in the box below to be sure you don’t miss a single post! And don’t forget to follow my Christmas boards on Pinterest too!