Today’s post is a guest post by Jennifer Tankersley of List Plan It! Enjoy!
Maine is the place that my family calls home, and it can be pretty cold in December. Not only does baking for Christmas tend to give our home a delicious warmth, but it is the perfect way to fill it with the aromas of the season: molasses, nutmeg, and cloves to name a few. Certain family favorites are as vital to our Christmas traditions as the tree or Christmas Eve service. But still, each December, I like to experiment with new kinds of Christmas cookies hoping that they, too, might become new family favorites.
Three years ago, I started hosting a cookie exchange in my home on a Sunday afternoon. Everyone brings 3-5 dozen (depending on how many people are attending) of one kind of cookie. I cut a few of each kind in half so we can taste test each cookie. The rest is divided up at the end for each person to take home to her family. It is a lot of fun, and tasty to boot.
Here is a list of both my family’s favorite cookies and cookies that I am eager to try in the coming years. You can find these cookies and more in ListPlanIt’s Christmas Cookie Board on Pinterest.
1. Chocolate Krinkle Kiss Cookies from Budding Baketress
2. Colorful Spiral Cookies from Sprinkle Bakes
3. Snowdrops (a.k.a. Russian Tea Cakes) from Rightathome.com
4. Kiss Pies from Picky Palate
5. Vanilla Gingersnaps from Brandy Baking
6. 7-Layer Cookies from Smitten Kitchen
7. Peanut Butter Cup Cookies from the Beehive Cottage
8. Stained Glass Cookies from Kneady Sweetie
9. Cran-Pistachio Cookies from the Girl who Ate Everything
10. Snickerdoodles from Lil’ Luna
11. Soft Molasses Sandwich Cookies from Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
12. Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Blossoms from This is Happiness Blog
13. Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies by Chuck and Welly
14. Soft Sugar Sprinkles Cookies by Averie Cooks
15. Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies with Lemon Icing from Nesting Naturally
16. Spiced Cider Meltaways from Momtastic
17. Peanut Blossoms from Eat at Allie’s
18. Jell-O Sugar Cookies from Bargain Briana
20. Caramel Heavenlies from Midwest Living
21. Cranberry Tea Cookies from Crown Recipes
22. Red Velvet Cookies from Food.com
23. Peanut Butter Truffles from Recipe.com
24. Gingerbread Biscotti by Krissy’s Creations
25. Salted Caramel Chocolate Clusters from Food Recipes & Reviews
26. Oreo Pops from Makoodle
27. Salted Caramel Shortbread from Erica’s Sweet Tooth
28. Toasted Coconut, Toffee, & Chocolate Chip Cookies from Barefoot in the Kitchen
29. Georgia Pralines from Tasty Kitchen
30. Mint Chocolate Cookies from Crafty Corner
31. Cherry Snowball Cookies from Chef-In-Training
32. Turtle Cookies from the Kitchen is My Playground
33. Gingerbread Men (and Women) Cookies from Brown Eyed Baker
This post is part of the 20 Days of Ultimate Christmas Lists Series on Paradise Praises.
Jennifer Tankersley is the creator of ListPlanIt.com, which has hundreds of lists, checklists, and planning pages that you can create & manage at home or on the go to put your world-and your holidays-in order. She also writes 100DaystoChristmas.com, which begins September 16 (exactly 100 days to Christmas) and offers a daily dose of inspiraton and motivation to get you through the busy holiday season.